IT Support Analyst
£20,000 - £30,000
Job title: IT Support Analyst
Department: Business Systems
Responsible to: IT Manager
Support the IT Systems and Infrastructure with other members of the IT department. The ideal candidate will have programming (Visual Basic) experience, with a keen interest in the support element for this role.
Candidates that are successful to get to interview will be questioned of their knowledge of visual basic principles!
- Responsible for running and maintaining the IT systems for all divisions of the business.
- To maintain Hardware and Software systems that are used in the business.
- Be familiar with virtualised environments and their operation and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft office family of software and their back end server technology.
- To be able to analyse and solve and seek solutions to problems in an efficient manner, while keeping to the processes and procedures of the department.
- Take on projects that will involve balancing day to day support with project objectives. Awareness of security principles around the protection of data on systems.
- Understand the fundamentals of the core Business Systems and the likely impact they may have on people and processes.
- Able to work and cooperate within a small close knit team to achieve team and Company objectives.
- To prioritise work inside the scope of the department working practices.
- Liaise and communicate with the internal customers and external suppliers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to consider new ways of approaching solutions.
- Suggest and bring new ideas to the team and Company that will improve the current systems and their operation.
- To professionally represent the client to all external parties.
Essential (indicated in Bold) and Desirable Knowledge
- Microsoft Server (Windows Server 2008/2012)
- Microsoft Windows (XP/7/8/10)
- Microsoft SQL (2005/2008/2012)
- Microsoft Exchange (2007/2013)
- Microsoft Office (2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Active Directory
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Basic, VB Scripting, VBA
- Report Writing SSRS/Crystal Reports
- Virus Checking Software and Technologies
- Computer Support (Laptops/Workstations/PC’s)
- Experience of ERP system/s preferable Syteline
- Business Intelligence Software
- Knowledge of programming and structured code writing Web (HTML) and VB script based code.
- Able to learn new programming languages across a diverse system base.
- Have analytical and problem solving capability being able to question and answer using an active listening philosophy and have an articulate manner.
- To be able to train employees to use systems and hardware in a correct, confident and efficient manner.
- A willingness to travel abroad to support our European customers if required
For ore information, please call us on 0333 3444 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org reference IT_Support0998
Thrive Talent is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim/contract/temporary positions. Thrive Talent is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.