£20,000 - £30,000
We're looking for a Junior/Mid level Developer to join our clients dynamic development team. You will be working on a wide range of projects based around a successful e-commerce platform that's been developed in-house.
The work is split between day-to-day maintenance, development of new features and interfacing with third-party systems.
There are excellent opportunities to interact with staff in other departments of the company, all of which use the developed systems in their roles.
You will have 3+ years’ experience of developing web based systems partnered with a good working knowledge of:
- Scripting languages such as Perl (preferred), PHP, Python or Ruby
- XML parsing, generation and good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience of developing new functionality to a project specification
- Ability to interface with third party systems and web services using API's
- Good experience of SQL databases such as MySQL
- Linux server maintenance skills useful but not essential
- Working in a team with the use of version control software, e.g. Subversion, a benefit
Working hours Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.30
Thrive Talent is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim/contract/temporary positions. Thrive Talent is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.